September 23, 2009

On the Eve

Tomorrow is Quinn's 8th birthday! As I was putting him to bed, he said "Tonight is the last night I am 7 years old!". He is SO super excited for tomorrow and the weekend to come. We have lots of fun planned.

Tomorrow I will make a nice breakfast (something I do not ever do on weekdays) of pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Quinn is like me, breakfast is most definitely his favorite meal. He will then go to school as usual, but he gets a few perks on his birthday while he's in school. He gets a no homework pass and to pick a prize out of the birthday bin, then he gets to pick the activity in gym class. I'll pick the kids up at the end of the school day (as opposed to my normal 5 PM time) and we will go to the pediatrician for Quinn's 8 year well check. No shots involved so he's excited for the usual height, weight, blood pressure, eye check, etc. When James gets home, we will go to dinner at a restaurant of his choice. He's stuck on Porcupine's for their pasta with alfredo sauce (my boy loves his carbs, again like his mama!). I can't say I'm upset with his decision because Porcupine's is one of our faves too :)

After dinner, we will head to airport to pick up Nana and Papa (if their plane's not "delated" as Keely calls it). Then we'll have presents and some cakes or cupcakes (to be decided tomorrow after school)...I'm making a reptile cake for his party on Saturday so I'm not going to make two cakes.

And that brings us to the highlight for Quinn...his very first birthday party. How have we gotten to this point without a birthday party?!?! Well many reasons but don't worry, he's been treated very nicely each year :) He chose a sleepover party and invited 9 friends. It worked out perfectly though because 1 can't come and 3 are coming but not sleeping over. So that leaves 5 friends sleeping over plus Keely and one of her friends. We must be crazy! It will most definitely be a wild, and most likely long night. I am not one to be kept from my sleep so I hope they get to bed at a decent hour but I know that's unlikely. So I'll put Papa on night duty :) He's chosen a reptile theme for the party...so far we are having frog pinatas, dinner, reptile cake and presents for the main party (i.e. the first 3-4 hours). I still need some more activity ideas for that portion of it. Then we will put on a movie about 9 PM and pop some popcorn. Hopefully they'll wind down but I'm not betting any money on that. I'm sure chaos will ensue and boys will be boys :) I'm planning hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and then french toast and bacon for breakfast.

We are looking forward to a fun birthday weekend, and stay tuned for pictures!

No comments: