And now, a funny story about Keely to cap the sort of sad story from yesterday.
I arrive at work this morning, take my cell phone out of my purse and see that I have a missed call and voicemail. The number is the kids' school, so it's always a bit alarming at first (who is sick?). The message is from Keely's teacher, first assuring me that Keely is perfectly fine and then telling me that Keely has said she is going out of town and will not be in school on Monday. And will I please call her back to let her know if this is the case, so she can send home some papers for her to work on while she is out of school? Ah, my Keely. She has such a vivid imagination, and loves telling stories.
I call her teacher back immediately, and assure her that no we are not leaving town and yes, Keely will be in school on Monday and every day until school ends barring an unexpected illness. Her teacher then explains further that Keely had announced a trip to Las Vegas that we are taking that will remove her from school on Monday! Oh, how she loves that city...I swear she will live there when she grows up. So I guess we'd better plan another trip to Vegas to appease her (we were there in Sept. and I can only take Vegas about once every two years).
In any event, she made me laugh on an otherwise boring Friday morning at work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment