April 19, 2011

Pre-Easter Weekend

We're not going to be at home for Easter weekend so we had some of the typical festivities this past weekend instead.

On Saturday, the kids' school and our church has their annual Easter Egg Hunt. We've gone to this for several years in a row, participating through rain, shine and snow. Thankfully this year was sunny and warm. It's not much of a 'hunt' as they just lay hundreds of eggs on various parts of the school grounds. 7-10 year olds hunt in the back of the school and this year, that meant the kids were both in the same age range so they were together. (meaning that James didn't have to come..although his activity at home wasn't much more appealing, grouting the tile around the bathtub) The hunt is literally over in like 2 minutes because the kids run and fill up their baskets, and before you know it they are back over at the start emptying out their eggs. I had a chance to catch up with Quinn's longtime buddy Edward's mom and she was kind enough to share some photos she snapped after the kids were all done and had claimed their prizes (each child gets a stuffed animal in addition to their candy - ranging in size from small to x-large - Quinn and Keely both got a large prize).

On Sunday, we went to Palm Sunday mass and then I cooked some of what would be our traditional Easter dinner. I made a spiral ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, and rolls. It was so yummy and we were all stuffed. We have lots of leftover ham too, so that will be dinner one of the nights this week. As a side note, Quinn loves ham and I can't believe how much of it he puts away. It's kind of a treat though since I only make it on holidays, so I guess that's why he eats so much of it :)

So that was our pre-Easter weekend, which will have to serve as a substitute. The real Easter weekend will be spent house hunting, with any free time in the Nation's Capital :)

No comments: