Well as I knew it would, the end of March came quickly. The buyers finally did their appraisal on March 23rd. We didn't hear a peep after that, until the deadline date for Appraisal and Financing. That date was last Thursday, March 31st. In the afternoon, I got a call from my realtor to let us know that the buyers needed a time extension. So now the Appraisal and Financing deadline is April 8th and closing has been pushed back to April 22nd. No one believes there is any cause for concern - the buyers just need their tax return in their bank account to add to their down payment. They filed back in February and were expecting their money last week, but it didn't arrive yet. They seem to believe it will be here this week, but I am not sure how they know that. In any event, we all await the IRS so that these people can get their money and we can move forward with the closing. Nothing came back from the appraisal so that was good news.
So that is the latest on the sale of our house. With any luck they will get their money this week and not have to ask for any more time extensions. I guess the good news is that the longer they wait to close, the less money we pay them in rent. I'd rather just be closed though and renting so I know nothing can fall through and we're free and clear. Fingers and toes crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment