February 14, 2011

On The Market

Well, it's official. Or more official than it seemed a few days ago. Our house is now for sale. The sign is up in the front yard, making it feel even more real. It is bittersweet. It is also a bit of a hassle, keeping it clean and "show-ready" all the time. We already had one showing on Saturday. No offer though, so on we go. I'm sure it will take a lot of showings to get an offer and I hope I have the patience :)

It's been a lot of work to get it ready. It's pretty tiring. Not to mention that the master bathroom renovation is in full swing. I'm not sure how that plays when people come to look at the house, but hopefully we'll get that done in the next 2-3 weeks. I say we, but I really mean James. He's doing the brunt of the work, and it has been hard work. Around each corner, or I should say area of the bathroom is a new adventure. It's all demolished...tub, vanity, toilet. New hardwood floor has been laid. It was frustrating but it looks really good. The new vanity and counter top/sink is in the garage ready to be installed. First the tile has to be installed along the side of the tub though. We also had another setback yesterday afternoon as I was returning from my 5th trip to Home Depot this weekend (yes, I do believe that is a record for me). The sub floor under the toilet has been damaged from water and needs to be ripped up and rebuilt. It's like the bathroom is a present that keeps on giving, one nightmare at a time! I know this is what typically happens in an older home, and I really think James would have more patience for it if we were actually going to get to enjoy this new bathroom ourselves for more than a few months. Onward and upward though. It will be laughable as we look back on it...or so I hope!

No comments: