I believe I have mentioned my position as Vice President of the kids' school Home & School Association (our equivalent of the PTA). Last week I received a promotion of sorts - although I hesitate to call it that. The President resigned due to some unfortunate events (it would really be nice if everyone could just get along but I guess that's too much to ask). And as VP, I was asked to step into the role of President for the remainder of the year. Yeah, as if I didn't have enough going on in my life what with selling a home and preparing for a cross country move. Nice. But I have an inability to say no...and after some thinking and talking with James, I said yes. I don't want to make more of this than it really is, because honestly most of the year is over and there are only a couple of big events left. But being President means that everyone calls you to complain...and you're the go-to person...it's not like I haven't been President of something before so I know how it goes. Again, I am very thankful and fortunate for working from home and the flexibility that goes with it. It's just not what I signed up for, and I hope the stress doesn't get to me. I am trying to make the rest of this year what it has not been so far - stress free and drama free.
So that's the news...yeah, it's just one more thing on my plate so forgive me if I am a bit more absent than usual.
No comments:
Post a Comment