December 10, 2010

Santa

The University holds a faculty & staff appreciation each Christmas and offers 30% off to all employees. This event also includes other perks including Santa available for visits from children of employees. The best part is there is no line and no fee for photos (but you have to take your own). We aren't real big on visiting Santa, my children have always known that is not the real one -- just a person helping out with such a big task and we hate waiting on long long lines just for a photo opportunity with a fake (and sometimes not very good looking) Santa. In any event, we knew Keely would be keen on going and sitting on Santa's lap.

She actually wanted to stand next to him, but he pulled her right up. She smiled big and when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas, her answer was Heelys (the sneakers with wheels). For the record, I have no idea why she would want these because she hates tennis sneakers and socks and she cannot wear them to school...I guess someone she knows has them and she thinks it's cool to skate around. Trouble is they don't come in her size (they mostly start at Size 1) and I think she knew that because she said she was going to lie to Santa and say she was 9 if he asked because Heelys are for 9 and up. Turns out she didn't have to because this Santa had no clue what she was talking about and quickly wished her a Merry Christmas and sent her on her way.

Quinn had no interest in sitting on Santa's lap, nor has he written out a Christmas list. I think we are teetering on the edge of "believing" and I am not sure what (if anything) to do about it. He hasn't said much of anything and I think that's kind of him if he doesn't believe because he's not spoiling it for his sister...who on the other hand is very into it this year. Keely wrote a Christmas list up and placed it by the fireplace. Her theory is that elves come during the night, take the list and bring it back to Santa. She was thrilled in the morning when her list was gone :)

No comments: