December 19, 2010

34

I am now 34 years old. I celebrated my birthday today in the best way possible, on a weekend with my favorite 3 people. I slept late, then was presented with my birthday present. To clarify, this was actually my second present. I got one a week early when I purchased a red leather bag to carry my laptop and other work related items on my monthly trips to Virginia. And I got many compliments on that bag while I was in Virginia so it was most definitely a good choice. My second birthday present was a much desired griddle and I broke it in immediately by making pancakes :) It was so nice not to have to rush anywhere, so I relaxed while watching football until mid-afternoon. Then we headed out to do some shopping at Kohl's before the highlight of the day, seeing MegaMind at the movies. We even treated ourselves to snacks at the theater -- there's something so good about that popcorn! We closed out the day with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse. We all love the Hibachi food and the cooks are very entertaining. They line their walls with pictures of people who have celebrated birthdays with dinner there, and I joined the ranks. This is a picture of our picture taped to the wall in the restaurant. They also sang to me while Quinn bonged a drum and Keely rattled a tambourine, then we all had ice cream sundaes. It was the perfect end to a perfect birthday, and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

No comments: