It feels like the kids just got out of school for summer break. I could literally tell that the summer would fly by, could feel it disappearing before my very eyes. I know that sounds like a broken record but it is true.
Just as I suspected, here we are less than 2 weeks from the start of school. Now I know that's not the end of summer considering how early we begin the school year. But it's the end of some things that are characteristic of summer. Late bedtimes, relaxed mornings, no homework, etc. It will mean getting back to the "normal" routine...not a bad thing at all.
We have been preparing for school already. We have purchased all of the required supplies off the lists. There is still much to be done though. Uniforms, school shoes, a haircut for Mr. Quinn (who has refused to cut his hair since May!). And it all has to be done before next Wednesday when we jaunt off to Las Vegas for a few days of R&R, one last fling before the whirlwind of school begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment