August 30, 2010

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

Quinn's 2nd frog died on Friday. We came home quickly before a birthday party and he ran out of his room crying and devastated. I had to console him for a good 10-15 minutes. It was a bit unlike him, but tragedy a 2nd time got the best of him. He is now frog-less and says he wants a fish. I told James we are in deep trouble when someone we know dies. In this case though, his sadness was abated by a trip to the aquarium (and a free one to boot while Keely was at a friend's birthday party!).

Keely had some kind of malaise this weekend. She may have ate too much junk food at aforementioned birthday party, then came home to have a root beer float. Or she may have had some sort of stomach bug. Whatever the cause, she threw up about 9 PM then went to bed. Luckily it was the only vomiting. I tend to think it was a stomach bug because she barely ate on Saturday and didn't want to play her soccer game because of the tummy ache. It's the time of year when the kids are all newly exposed to each other's germs...Quinn also came down with a cold.

We attended the Church's Annual Fall Festival on Sunday (yes, it would be much nicer if it was actually in the Fall Season!). The weather was actually cooler than in years past but I still managed to get a nice sunburn. We intended to go to church then spend the afternoon there with our good friends, the Martins but we didn't know church had been pushed up by an hour due to the festival. So we dropped our envelope in the basket on the altar, said a prayer and headed to the fun stuff immediately. We spent almost 4 hours there and were all exhausted (well, maybe not the kids but I know I was pooped). The kids got wristbands to ride all afternoon and spun themselves dizzy (and in some cases, green) on the Scrambler, Tea Cups and Swings. I can't believe they can spin so much, I get dizzy just watching them ride. Some games were played, cheap prizes selected and we all had some lunch including beers for the adults.

Keely got 11 stickers on her conduct card, earning her a treat at the end of her first 2 weeks of first grade. Quinn finished out the week better in EDP. Onto the 3rd week of school we go :)

No comments: