The doors at Lois & Ryan's house were never closed, they have these great screens and the weather is so balmy. I always get the itch during the winter months...the itch to move somewhere warm. I was spoiled in Tucson and I took it for granted. I just hate being cold. I don't like snow. I am sure in a couple of months I will like it here much better but the winters seem longer each year. I guess if that's all I have to complain about, then life is good. But I've digressed. The whole reason for the trip was to meet the newest member of the Donovan clan, Adelia. She is now 3 1/2 months old and we could not get enough of her. The kids adored her and we miss her now that we are back in Utah. Of course we miss Lois and Ryan too, but she was such a cutie :) I wish we could see her more often, but we will have to use Skype that much more often now. She's getting to a fun age where she can interact and I'm glad we waited to see her until she was a bit older. She loves to smile and laugh and so much reminds me of Quinn at that age. So much energy, her legs are always moving it seems. Short naps, lots of eating...that was Quinn. Hopefully she will follow his trend because when he could sit up, crawl and then walk (crawling at 6 months, walking at 9) he was a happy camper. All that bottled up energy finally had somewhere to go. But in the meantime, she loved to interact with both Quinn and Keely as well as Cassidy and Aedan. Boy when those 4 get together they have so much fun. Adelia liked to just watch them play and have fun on the swing in the front yard and play football. Every time Quinn threw the football, she laughed. Keely loved to hold her as did Cassidy. Girls just love babies! Quinn did not want to hold her but he liked to interact and make her smile and laugh. We filled the time in Florida mostly by hanging out at Lois & Ryan's, but also swimming in the pool and frolicking in the ocean. Yes, my kids were the crazy ones playing in the waves. Hey, when you live inland you have to take every opportunity to enjoy the ocean even if the water is bone chilling cold. I took almost no pictures, so I have "borrowed" some of Ryan's.It's so much fun to be an aunt again and I took every opportunity to hold her :)
Keely liked to hold board books up for her to look at. Of course she's not looking at the book in this picture, but they really did hold her attention for a few minutes...
Baptism day. Parents, Godparents, Baby and Priest.
The other baby in the Donovan Torvik household...Nutmeg. The kids had so much fun playing with her during the trip. Not sure Nutters appreciated it all though :)
This epitomizes the warmth...Quinn sweating after running around playing football so he's using ice cubes to cool himself off!
Uncle James entertaining Adelia. He just has that knack for keeping babies happy and smiley!
We introduced Adelia to her first movie, Up. She was enamored by the dogs and graphics. And she's sitting in what is my favorite invention since my children were small, the Bumbo. Boy is this thing neat allowing them to sit up and work on that strength before doing it on their own. Wish I would have thought of this idea!
Most of the whole group of family, both Torviks and Donovans hanging out after eating yummy NY style pizza.
We decided to celebrate Grandpa's 75th birthday a little early since we were all together. Keely liked helping him cut the cake.
We were definitely sad to return to Utah. Keely must have said about 100 times on the plane ride back, "I don't want to go back to Utah. I want to stay in Florida." I asked her why and she said because it's warm and I want to be near Aunt Lois, Uncle Ryan and Adelia. I can't say I blame her, I think we all felt that way after the fun times we had in Florida! We were definitely glad to arrive home, but it felt that much colder to us and we did not welcome the snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment