July 23, 2009

Bay Breeze: Part One

We arrived at in Jacksonville, NC mid afternoon on Sunday having driven about 1,000 miles in one week. The busy part of our trip was over and we were definitely ready for some R&R at the beach, pool, etc. The house was all that we expected and more. It really was the perfect house for our group. The kids were SO excited to have their bunk bed room and they took to playing in it and making it their own from the moment we entered the house to the moment we left. I have SO many pictures from the beach thanks to Aunt Lois. She made it her personal mission to document our week in photos and I am so thankful for her decision. She did a great job and without her pictures (many of which follow) I would not have much other than our memories.

Of course since I have so many pictures I have to split the week at the beach into 4 separate accounts of our time and adventures. The first will be primarily our time spent at the beach. We were within a short walk of private beach access, meaning that there is no public parking so the only people on that part of the beach are those renting the houses in that vicinity. We went to the beach, some or all of us, almost every day we were there. The first few days we went at the beginning of the day and the last couple we went towards the end of the afternoon so we could capture low tide. I so miss the Atlantic and I so enjoyed surfing the waves, sitting and listening to the ocean, and watching the kids frolic. And frolic they did. They had a blast and played to their heart's content. Now for the pictures.

Grandpa pulling Keely on the boogie board...
Keely and Cassidy playing in the shallow surf...
Can't believe I actually am showing this picture of myself, but I do think it is funny that I am running like such a girl. Keely splashing her mommy...
James now taking a turn this time pulling Cassidy on the boogie board...
This was the familiar sight as we left the beach most days. James and Ryan pulling the monstrous wagon stuffed with beach chairs, umbrellas, a cooler, food, beach towels, and of course the fishing net for Quinn to try and catch some fish!
Judith and I enjoying some relaxation while the kids are playing...oh and Ryan sunbathing, or more likely sunburning :)
I love this picture of James holding Aedan's hand in the water. He started the week so timid, not wanting to be in the water without someone's hand. He ended the week so adventurous and it was a fun transformation to watch!
Quinn enjoying the waves...
James could not believe that Lois and Ryan did not remember a frisbee (they both play Ultimate)...so he had to buy one for playing with at the beach. Quinn and Grandpa tossing it around...
Keely and Cassidy playin' in the sand...don't you remember the joy of sitting in the sand and not caring how much of it got in your bathing suit?!?!
Quinn again in the surf...
Of course a trip to the beach would not be complete without someone getting buried in sand. Keely was the victim this time, but she's having fun and the others nicely posed for the picture :)
Those last couple of days that we went to the beach at about 4 PM targeting low tide were just lovely. I had to take this picture of James and Keely sitting in the nice calm water...
The beach was so much fun. We all had a blast and I miss it while sitting here writing about it. I truly could have spent another week there and I think the kids agree with me on that one. There was more fun to be had though and the beach was only one part of our trip. More to come...

No comments: