July 14, 2011

Stateside

As of late June, we were finally getting settled in our new home in Virginia. We had joined a gym close to our home, joined the neighborhood pool club and visited several times. The kids even started to meet some other children, both at the pool and in our general vicinity and surrounding streets. The boxes were dwindling at the house and most things had been unpacked and organized into their new resting places. And then, we left on our long planned trip to Ireland. We left home on Tuesday, June 28th and did not return until Sunday, July 10th. Almost two weeks!

The trip was wonderful. I will attempt to capture most of what we did while visiting this gorgeous country, and I think it will take 7 blog posts to do that. We took almost 1,000 pictures among the 7 of us, and I will not attempt to include all of those pictures. What I have decided to do is create slideshows of each 'stage' of the trip and include them with the written detail of our travels. I'm sure I will forget the little things (i.e. all of the tiny towns and villages we drove through and in some cases, stopped). But I will hit the 'high points' and attempt to detail our trip.

So that I don't forget, here are the 'installments', listed in order of our trip itinerary:

Dublin
Dublin to Kinsale
Kinsale to Killarney via Glengariff
Killarney National Park
Killarney to Galway
Galway to Ballynahinch
Ballynahinch and Bunratty

First stop...Dublin!

No comments: