I know this is over a week late, but I meant to write about our Super Bowl Party. We have never had a party for this event. We do usually watch it but we've never really had any friends to hang out with for it so we're typically home alone. Not that I mind that at all, but this year I got an urge to have a party. Well not really a party but a gathering of friends. We had two families over, the Martins and the Brunyers. They have become good friends as the kids go to school together, have play dates, play soccer together (the boys) and it's a good situation because the kids get along well and so do the adults. Those are the best types of friends because while the kids play, the adults get to chat and have a great time. There are 7 kids among us three couples, ranging in age from 4 to 10. I am so glad to have friends with common interests. None of us really have much family here so these friends become our family. It's taken us 4+ years to get to this point and I am so glad for their friendships and the fun times we have had, and will continue to have. We are already planned for another event this coming Saturday, a wine tasting and poker night. And we are trying to plan a weekend trip to Moab for sometime in March or April. So this post isn't really about the party we had, or the good food we enjoyed...but the fact that I am glad for being comfortable in Utah. Having people I can count on for help, or just for some good girly conversation (yes, I am a tomboy but I enjoy having girlfriends). Times like this party make me never want to leave Utah, because I know leaving would mean starting over. It wouldn't stop us from making any decision about the future...but for now, I am going to enjoy these friends and the good times we can have while we are here!
February 16, 2010
Sunday Fun-Day
I know this is over a week late, but I meant to write about our Super Bowl Party. We have never had a party for this event. We do usually watch it but we've never really had any friends to hang out with for it so we're typically home alone. Not that I mind that at all, but this year I got an urge to have a party. Well not really a party but a gathering of friends. We had two families over, the Martins and the Brunyers. They have become good friends as the kids go to school together, have play dates, play soccer together (the boys) and it's a good situation because the kids get along well and so do the adults. Those are the best types of friends because while the kids play, the adults get to chat and have a great time. There are 7 kids among us three couples, ranging in age from 4 to 10. I am so glad to have friends with common interests. None of us really have much family here so these friends become our family. It's taken us 4+ years to get to this point and I am so glad for their friendships and the fun times we have had, and will continue to have. We are already planned for another event this coming Saturday, a wine tasting and poker night. And we are trying to plan a weekend trip to Moab for sometime in March or April. So this post isn't really about the party we had, or the good food we enjoyed...but the fact that I am glad for being comfortable in Utah. Having people I can count on for help, or just for some good girly conversation (yes, I am a tomboy but I enjoy having girlfriends). Times like this party make me never want to leave Utah, because I know leaving would mean starting over. It wouldn't stop us from making any decision about the future...but for now, I am going to enjoy these friends and the good times we can have while we are here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment