After the short ceremony and the kids had all gone to confession, they had a little reception with coffee, cookies and juice. It was nice to catch up with the parents and for the boys (and girls) to release some energy. Most of these boys and girls have been in the same class since Kindergarten (and some, Pre-K) and also Quinn plays soccer with some too. It's all so familiar and nice to know everyone and their families. We just love this Blessed Sacrament community, it has allowed us to find friends with common interests.
Quinn with his best bud, Gabe posing with their 2nd grade teacher. Also pictured is cute Isabella and Chase.
Quinn and Gabe posing together for Raul, Gabe's dad. And thanks to him for having his camera and letting us download the pictures. I am so utterly unprepared with a camera, I always forget that as we are rushing out the door.
When Quinn walked out of individual confession with Msgr. Bob, he said "that wasn't too bad!"...I know it's a little nerve wracking to go one on one with the priest. His confessed "sins" were not being nice to his sister and not always respecting his parents. Not so bad, but how much sin can an 8 year old really have? All in all, he's a great kid and I am so proud of him. He looked so mature sitting in the church pew and I can't believe he's already going through some of these milestones! Next up, Communion...wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment