October 9, 2009

Sickness and Other Things

Wow, this blog has gotten away from me. I can't believe we are 9 days into October and I haven't posted once this month. I swear I have good intentions but just thinking about all that has happened in just these 9 days overwhelms me when I try to put it into words.

Most of the updates have to do with Keely. Quinn had his 5 moments of fame and now it's back to her. Not really for good reasons though, but it is her birthday month so it will turn good in the end. Last week was another downturn in school. First she got sent to the office for lying and then she told a boy in her class she was going to kick his a$$. By the end of the week I was at the end of my rope. No ideas on how to make her behave and feeling pretty low about it all. Then she got sick. How can you be mad at a sick child?!?! You can't. She was down and out for about a week, just today returning to her old self. James was also sick which is so odd. It would be me who falls ill 10 times to his one. But this time I skated through and he got it. He swears they had the evil swine flu. I go back and forth, battling between cold and flu on the verdict. They had fevers and a cough, with minor congestion. And fatigue. So mostly it looked like the flu. But with all the hype on the swine flu I have to say if this was it, then it was pretty minor. All that media buildup for nothing much. Keely missed all but 2 days of school this week and I worked from home and took some sick time. I am lucky that my boss is flexible and that I have a laptop. So far, Quinn and I show no symptoms (still knocking on wood every time I say that).

So Keely had a sick week, but at least she couldn't misbehave. There's a bright side to everything :) Hopefully we are back to normal and can enjoy the rest of October fun events to come, including Keely's birthday in just 2 weeks and our trip to NJ on the 30th.

No comments: