Keely celebrated her 11th birthday with a bang. She had many celebrations, and was sung to many times leading up to, including and after her birthday. News and noteworthy from this birthday:
-I made 48 cupcakes - for both her class and her soccer team. Since her birthday was on a Thursday, it was also soccer practice day and it was fun to share the celebration with those friends as well as her school class. This is the last time I will be making birthday treats to bring to school because she will be in middle school next year!
-She chose chinese food for dinner for her birthday, and we decided to eat in at one of our favorite new spots for takeout, Rice Pot. It was even better in the restaurant, and Keely's favorite continues to be lo mein :)
-She had her very first friend birthday party (aside from smaller gatherings in past years). We invited 6 of her friends to join us for a spa party. We started at our house on a Friday evening with drinks and appetizers, then headed to a spa for manicures. Afterwards, we came back to our house for cupcakes, presents and games. It was really a fun evening. We even made cute little favors to hand out to each girl...themed with spa and manicure stuff of course. For someone who is not at all crafty, I was very pleased with how they turned out. Each favor cost under $5!-She got a karaoke type machine that can play music through speakers from any device (phone, tablet, computer). Many songs have been sung, and she loves performing (mostly for herself in her room).

I think that's about all from this edition of the birthday news. Reaching higher ages doesn't feel as dramatic for Keely as it did for Quinn, but I still can't believe my baby is 11. She is still a sweet fun loving girl and I love the time we spend together. She is the girl I never I was or will be so I am grateful for the help she provides me almost daily, and she loves to be by my side whether that be doing nails, hair, shopping, or just hanging out. I wish I could freeze time, but since I can't I will try to enjoy every moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment