Many months ago, I floated an idea to my parents. They should take the kids to DisneyWorld this summer. What kid wouldn't love a trip to the most magical place on Earth?!?! And what an opportunity for their grandparents to take them?!?! So a plan was formed, and that trip happened earlier this month. James and I had zero interest in a trip like that, so it was perfect. They got to spend a week with Nana, Papa and Annie...James and I got a restful, child free week. Win-Win!
I probably shouldn't even be the one chronicling this trip, and I'm not going to even begin to try to do it justice in any detailed way. The plan was simple...we gave them a week of our timeshare in Disney's Old Key West Resort, and paid for the kids' Park Hopper passes with our accumulated Disney Dollars. Nana and Papa covered the rest, including airfare and the Disney Dining Plan. They left on a Friday, and returned the following Thursday.
From what we have heard, they were going non-stop! They visited Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. They both went on their first upside down roller coaster, and a lot of other fun, fast rides. This was Keely's first time away from us since she was very young, and she did fine - honestly, I had no question that she would do fine.

A few of the many pictures taken show that a wonderful time was had by all. Most definitely a magical trip, and one they will remember forever. I know my parents won't always be able to do something like this, and I am glad they were able to have this opportunity.
James and I had a nice time together, enjoying the break and celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary while they were gone. We enjoyed spending time together as a couple again, instead of as a family. I missed the kids, but I always cherish time spent with my soulmate, true love and best friend. I will cover some of our activities in another post.



No comments:
Post a Comment