June 26, 2012

Perfectionist

Virginia has state standard tests that begin in 3rd grade.  As part of the 4th grade curriculum, Quinn prepared and took three SOL (Standards of Learning) tests.  The preliminary results arrived in yesterday's mail.  Quinn did very well, with advanced proficiency scores in all areas.

Reading - 600 out of 600
Mathematics - 469 out of 600
Virginia Studies - 546 out of 600 (and they took the 5th grade level test)

When I got home from work, I saw the scores and went to see him in his room where he was building with Legos.

Mama: Quinn, did you see your SOL scores?
Quinn: Yes.
Mama: You did very well, I am proud of you.
Quinn:  Except in math!

Apparently, he wasn't happy with that score despite his near perfect scores in the other subject areas.  I wonder where he gets that perfectionism from?!?! 

Oh, and he also got a haircut finally.  It's nice to see his eyes again.  How I long for the days when he would let James give him a buzz cut!

No comments: