This past Sunday, we ran our first 5K together as a family. James was Quinn's buddy runner,
and they also ran with Quinn's best buddy Jack. I ran with Keely, and
we ended up running along with two other 2nd graders. Quinn finished in
just over 33 minutes, which was about 6 minutes faster than his first
5K last month. Keely finished in just over 37 minutes, pretty good for
her first 5K and with no training. Her only practice was to run around
our basement for about 40 minutes while I ran 4 miles on the treadmill.
I couldn't believe she ran the whole time, and just kept doing laps
around the outline of the basement.
The school got a ton of great
photos of the event, and I've clipped those that show our family in
action. It was fun, and I'm proud of the kids for running a 5K at such a
young age.Running is such a great way to keep in shape, and I hope to instill in them an enjoyment from running so that they can continue with it on through their adult lives. I've definitely been hot and cold about running, but I do think it's important to stay fit and running is just one possibility for that. I'm not sure if the kids will love running, or continue on with other races, but I do know that we all had fun on Sunday, and that's a great start!



No comments:
Post a Comment