A couple of years ago, I purchased a wall calendar from Pottery Barn to keep track of what then seemed like a lot of activities, school events, family visits, etc. I improved my system over these years by using different color markers. I love this tool. I am such an anal planner and without this system, I know something would slip through the cracks. If I thought that calendar was packed then, I had no idea what it would look like now.
As we embark into September, I wrote out the monthly calendar. It's already busy with soccer for both kids -- practices on different days, and two games on Saturdays. But did I mention we volunteered to coach Flag Football?!?! Yeah, they were short and Quinn was so excited to play that I didn't want his bubble burst and money returned. So James is the official coach now of Team #10, the Saints. With that addition, the weeks look something like this:
Monday: Flag Football at either 5:30 PM or 6:30 PM
Tuesday: Quinn Soccer Practice
Wednesday: Keely Soccer Practice at 4:30 PM, Flag Football at 5:30 or 6:30 PM
Saturdays: Two Soccer Games
So that leaves Thursday as the only open night of the school week. And I guess the only night I can cook dinner during the week. Not to mention what will become my non-existent gym schedule. Hopefully the saving grace there will be more working from home that will allow me to work out at non-traditional (for me) times. So now you can see why I can feel the school year already flying by...we're busy, busy, busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment